Calabrian Cracked Olives Recipe courtesy Michael Chiarello
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- add 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- add 1 cup olive oil
- add 1/8-1/4 fluid ounce sherry wine vinegar
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- add 1/2 cup sweet california chili powder
- add 2 lbs green Sicilian olives
- Place Sicilian green olives in a resealable plastic bag, hit with mallet
- or hammer to crack the olives. Add olive oil, chili powder, parsley, garlic and vinegar. Mix well
- and serve.
- I find it easier to crack olives wrapped in a kitchen towel vs the plastic bag method.