Servs: 2 Prep: Cook:
My Faverites Roll
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups Freshly Prepared Sushi Rice
- add Nori Seaweed, toasted sheets
- add Crab meat, cut in pieces
- add Avocado, peeled and cut in fine pieces
- add Radish Sprouts
- add Cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut in fine strips
- add Sesame seeds, toasted
- Cut nori sheet in half and place it on bamboo mat, shiny side down. Dampen your fingers in water. Spread a thin layer of sushi rice over the seaweed, do not cover completely. Leave a 1-inch margin at the ends uncovered to seal the roll.
- Lay crabmeat, avocado and cucumber lengthwise. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- To roll; slowly fold the end of the mat closest to you over the filling and tuck it in.
- Use medium pressure to create compact tube. Remove the mat from around the roll, press in the loose ends and place it on a cutting board, seam side down.
- Using a wet, sharp knife, slice the roll in half then in 6 equal pieces.
- Serve with wasabi, soy sauce and pickled ginger.
- Inside-out California Roll - Lay down bamboo mat and plastic wrap. Place rice in a flat layer across plastic before laying down nori. Place crab , avocado, shredded cucumber and radish sprouts in the center of the nori and roll in same fashion. Rice will be showing on the outside.