Candied Sweet Potatoes
We like sweet potatoes a lot, and don't wait for a holiday to fix these.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- Cover potatoes with water, bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes, until done.
- When cooled, peel and cut into chunks.
- Place in 2 qt baking dish.
- In small saucepan combine remaining ingredients, cook and stir until mixture boils.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Bake at 350* for 40 minutes.
Location: San Francisco , CA