very good cream filling.. Note: I also made this with using only 250 ml of Nurti Whip and it turns out a little heavier but is great believe me..this is a three for one recipe here..as you can also use the filling without the nutri whip too with good tasting results, for tarts or a filling ...Give this recipe a try..
- add 5 tablespoons flour
- add 4 egg yolks
- add 4 tablespoons white sugar
- add 1 dash salt
- add 2 cups whole milk
- add 1 (500 ml) container nutri whipped topping
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 1 (106 g) package instant lemon pudding mix
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in a pot.
- Whisk to combine well.
- Add milk gradually to get no lumps.
- Stir over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a low boil, about 10 minutes.
- Beat yolks in a bowl.
- Add some hot mixture into the bowl just a little to bring to a warm temperature.
- Add all back into the pot of mixture on the stove and continue to low cook until thick, do not boil.
- Remove and blend in the vanilla and pkg of dry pudding mix.
- Stir well until blended.
- Cool two hours, covered with saran (not to get a skin on top) or until cold.
- Beat nutri whip and then fold into the cold custard.
- Blending well, the cold mixture is hard to fold in(as it has set to a thick custard) so using beaters low speed is also good results.
- Fill cannoli-- or filling and topping for cakes.this should be stored in the refrigerator, because of the Nutri whip topping.
- I have never made this with reg. whipping cream, always Nurti Whip.