I thought this recipe looked interesting for a special weeknight supper and a great way to use up leftover salmon. Recipe source: Gourmet (June 2005)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 cup heavy cream
- add 1/2 cup dill
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 onion
- add 2 cups salmon
- add 10 ounces capellini (angel hair pasta)
- add 3 cups chicken broth
- add 1/3 cup vodka
- In a large saucepan cook onion in the oil over medium heat until soft (5-8 minutes). Add broth, cream, vodka and salt and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until sauce is reduced to 2 cups (45-60 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in dill, lemon zest and juice and pepper. Reserve 1/2 cup sauce. Add salamon to saucepan and cook over medium low heat until fish is heated through (2-4 minutes).
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain pasta. Return pasta to pot and toss with reserved sauce.
- Put pasta in large bowl and spoon fish and sauce over top. Toss before serving.
Recipe Reviews 1 reviews