This is fantastic on grilled burgers, and also can be served as a dip for crackers or potato chips, its so good! you can also saute about 2-3 tablespoons fresh minced garlic with the onions if desired. Prep time includes cooking the onions.
- add 1/4 cup oil
- add 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add pepper
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to tatse)
- add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 2 large onions
- add 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- Heat the butter and oil in the frypan over medium heat.
- Add in onions, cayenne, salt and pepper; saute for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook stirring occasionally for 20 minutes more until onions are brown and caramelized; cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add in onions; mix well to combine.
- Cover and place in fridge for 2 or more hours before using.