Serve the piquant sauce hot with boiled rice or broiled chicken. Makes about 2 cups.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 medium onions
- add 3/4 cup tomato paste
- add 2 garlic cloves
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 medium green bell pepper
- add 3 tomatoes
- add 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- add 1/2 cup dry white wine
- add 1 teaspoon finely chopped seeded fresh red chilies
- add pepper
- In a medium heavy-based saucepan, heat oil over low heat. Add onions, green pepper, garlic and chilies; saute until the peppers are soft.
- Add salt, pepper and tomatoes. Cook about 10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato paste and wine and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.