This carrot cake is a must-try, it truly does taste like Sara Lee, very moist, and very delicious, I actually just eat it without any of the icing....it is soooo good, but I am sure you will want to have the icing with the cake, after all, what's carrot cake without cream cheese icing...right?
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- add 1 tablespoon cornstarch or flour
- add 1/4 lb butter
- add 1 cup finely grated carrots
- add 1 teaspoon orange rind
- add 1 cup walnuts
- add 1 1/4 cups flour
- add 6 ounces cream cheese
- add 6 ounces oil
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- add 1/2 cup light raisins (optional)
- add 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- add 2 eggs
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 2 cups icing sugar
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second lowest position.
- Grease a 9-in square pan.
- For cake; combine first 8 ingredients.
- Beat on med speed 3 mins, scaping down sides of bowl.
- Stir in last 3 ingredients; mix well.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 50-60 mins, or until cake tests done.
- FOR ICING; Cream the cream cheese with butter until fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar, beat until well mixed and smooth; about 1 min.
- Add all remaining ingredients, beat until well mixed and fluffy.
- Spread over cooled cake.