This is one of the few recipes my husband every requested from a coworker and brought home for me to make.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 3 cups carrots
- add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- add 1 cup golden raisins (optional)
- add 4 eggs
- add 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- add 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- add 2 teaspoons baking soda
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 2 cups white sugar
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Beat together the eggs, oil, and white sugar.
- Blend mixture for thirty seconds.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add thecarrots and raisins.
- Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Pourbatter into well greased 10 inch tube or Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175degrees C) oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool cake on wire rack, and thenrefrigerate until completely cooled.
- To make Cream Cheese Glaze: Blend togetherconfectioners' sugar, cream cheese, corn syrup, and vanilla.
- Spread over cooledcake.