This is another coffee cake recipe from Bonnie Stern's cooking school in Toronto. I like it plain but you could frost it with cream cheese icing!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- add 2 cups finely grated carrots (packed)
- add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1 pinch allspice
- add 3/4 cup crushed pineapple
- add 3/4 cup raisins or chopped nuts (or mixture)
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- add 2 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- add 4 eggs
- Beat eggs with sugar in a large bowl until very light.
- Beat in oil.
- In another large bowl, combine or sift flour with baking powder, soda,cinnamon, nutmeg& allspice.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture just until combined.
- Stir in carrots, raisins& pineapple.
- Spoon into a buttered 8 inch (2 litre) loaf pan, lined with parchment paper- or use a tube pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 50- 60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.