This recipe comes from a Food Network show, I've changed it somewhat to use less ingredients but still retain the flavor. You MUST use an iron skillet.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 head cauliflower
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- add 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- Slice the cauliflower lengthwise, about 1/8-inch thick. (save the little cauliflower "crumbs")
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large iron skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, but not smoking, add the cauliflower slices, spreading out into a single layer.
- Do not stir, but let the vegetables cook, undisturbed, until nicely browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Add the salt, reserved cauliflower crumbs, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes, and give the vegetables a gentle stir.
- Continue cooking, only stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are cooked through and nicely browned, about 5 minutes more.