If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- add 10 very thin slices firm white sandwich bread
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add 100 g (3 1/2 oz) caviar (preferably osetra)Special equipment: a 2-inch crescent-moon cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush bread with melted butter and cut out 40 moons. Arrange, buttered sides up, on a large baking sheet and bake in middle of oven until pale golden, about 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Serve toasts topped with sour cream and caviar.
- Cooks’ note:
- Toasts may be made 1 day ahead
- and kept in an airtight container at
- room temperature.