I found this recipe in an old copy of Consuming Passions I bought in a thrift shop. I don?t plan to keep the book, so am storing this recipe here so I can make it soon.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 teaspoons five-spice powder
- add 100 ml light soy sauce
- add 100 ml hoisin sauce
- add 50 ml oyster sauce
- add 4 large duck breasts
- add 50 ml rice wine vinegar
- add 50 ml honey
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl, trim the duck breasts and add to the bowl. Marinate over night.
- Sear the duck breasts in a hot non-stick pan over high heat (taking care not to burn the marinade).
- Place the duck breasts in a baking dish and roast in a pre-heated oven at 205c or until medium rare (about 8 minutes).
- Allow the duck to stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.