Charline with Mom and Dad in 1958. My sweet sissy and her great simple recipes that are always the best solution for everyday treats. This is not the tapioca that you find in tubs at grocery store. Give it your time and it will be a rich delight
- add 3 Tbsp tapioca
- add 3 Tbsp sugar
- add 1 egg yolk, separated with white reserved for whipping
- add 2 Tbsp sugar
- add 1/8 tsp salt
- add 2 cups milk
- add 3/4 tsp vanilla
- Mix tapioca, salt, 3 T sugar, milk and yolk in saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes. Beat egg white until foamy and gradually beat in 2T sugar, beating to soft peaks. Set aside. Cook tapioca to full boil 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and gradually add vanilla and then fold in the beaten egg white to blend.
- This is an easy desert to make - just take it step at a time and cool to warm before its served and chill for keeping the rest of servings. We like to use wine glasses for the pudding. This is rich and tastes great with fresh ground nutmeg on the top.
- Makes 5 -1/2 cup servings
- Learn more about Charline on my blog page about her and join me on twitter @SeniorCareTips