Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
"'I always like to try bruschetta when we're eating out at a restaurant to see how it compares to my recipe-- and I haven't found one that's better yet!' writes Vicki Thompson of Bristol, New Brunswick. 'It's a hit when i serve it to company or take it to potlucks and other gatherings.'"
- add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- add 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- add 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- add 24 (3/4 inch thick) slices French bread
- Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes on each side or until toasted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spread over toasted bread. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serve warm.