These are very similar to Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits but a lot better than the recipes that start with Bisquick, in my opinion. The kids adore them.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- add 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- add 1 cup flour
- add 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- add 1/8-1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 2 tablespoons melted butter
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- add 2 teaspoons baking powder
- add 1/2 cup milk
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar and 1/8- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening using a pastry blender.
- Mix milk and then cheese into mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix melted butter and 1/8 teaspoons garlic powder together and brush on warm biscuits as soon as you remove them from the oven.