This savory variation belongs in every serious cook's repertoire. Serve these to a crowd you want to impress! Caution..This makes alot, the two small balls are as big as baseballs! I have been making these for years from a recipe I clipped from a magazine and they are always a hit. Cook time is chill time.
- add 1/2 cup chopped onions
- add 1 dash pepper
- add 1/4 cup snipped parsley
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add 1 dash salt
- add 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- add 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- add assorted crackers
- add 1 (2 ounce) jar pimiento
- add 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- add 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- add 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- add 2 tablespoons sweeet pickle relish
- add 10 slices bacon
- Let swiss and cheddar cheeses come to room temperature.
- In a large bowl beat together cream cheese and sour cream till fluffy.
- Beat in swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, undrained pimiento, pickle relish, half of the bacon, 1/4 cup of the pecans, salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill till firm.
- Shape into 1 large or 2 small balls on wax paper.
- In a small bowl combine remaining bacon, pecans, parsley, and poppy seeds.
- Turn mixture out onto clean clean sheet of waxed paper.
- Roll cheese balls in seed mixture to coat.
- Wrap and chill.
- Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Serve with crackers.