Servs: 7 Makes: gr Prep: Cook:
1 onion, chopped 2 teaspoons minced garlic 1 red bell pepper, chopped 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms 1 tomato, seeded and chopped 2 carrots, chopped 2 pounds ground chicken 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs 1 tablespoon Old Bay ? Seasoning kosher salt to taste black pepper to taste Check All Add to Shopping List
- add serves: 6
- add 1 kg (2.2 lb) piece rump or chuck steak, minced finely
- add 1 onion, chopped very finely, or minced with the meat
- add few drops of Worcestershire sauce
- add 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- add 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- add 1 - 2 tsp French mustard
- add 175 g matured Cheddar cheese, grated finely
- add 6 slices matured Cheddar cheese
- add 6 sesame seed baps, halved (optional)
- add 1 bunch Watercress (salad cress)
- add 250 g cherry tomatoes, sliced
- add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Season the meat well with salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, Worcestershire sauce, herbs and mustard, then stir in the grated cheese.
- 2. Divide the mixture into 6 pieces and form each into a ball. Flatten slightly into a burger shape.
- 3. Place the burgers on the metal grid and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, according to taste.
- 4. Move the burgers to the side of the barbecue and top with the cheese slices.
- 5. Toast the cut slices of the baps, if using.
- 6. Either arrange the watercress, burgers and tomatoes on each bap base, then replace the bap lids, or arrange the watercress and tomatoes on a serving plate with the cheeseburgers.