Fondue is back!....wonderful idea for a Saturday night get-together with friends.....This cheese sauce is so good!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 cups dry white wine
- add 1 1/2 lbs swiss cheese
- add 1/4 cup kirsch liqueur
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- add 1 dash salt
- add French bread
- add 1 dash nutmeg
- add 1/4 cup flour
- add fresh ground pepper
- Combine cheese and flour.
- Rub bottom and sides of a 2-qt micosafe casserole with a clove of garlic.
- Discard garlic clove.
- Add wine, Kirsh and lemon juice.
- Microwave 6-7 mins, just until bubbles start to appear; DO NOT BOIL.
- Stir in cheese and seasonings, microwave, uncovered 2-3 mins longer until smooth, whisking every 2 mins.
- Transfer to a fondue pot, or a round casserole dish.
- Serve with chunks of French bread to dip in cheese mixture.
- Note: Leftover fondue makes a delicious topping for boiled or baked potatoes, cauliflower or brocolli, also any leftover sauce can be frozen; just thaw at room temp then heat.