If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 garlic clove, halved crosswise<br> 1 1/2 cups dry white wine (preferably Swiss, such as Fendant)<br> 1 tablespoon cornstarch <br> 2 teaspoons kirsch <br> 1/2 lb Emmental cheese, coarsely grated (2 cups)<br> 1/2 lb Gruyère , coarsely g
- Rub inside of a 4-quart heavy pot with cut sides of garlic, then discard garlic. Add wine to pot and bring just to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Stir together cornstarch and kirsch in a cup.
- Gradually add cheese to pot and cook, stirring constantly in a zigzag pattern (not a circular motion) to prevent cheese from balling up, until cheese is just melted and creamy (do not let boil). Stir cornstarch mixture again and stir into fondue. Bring fondue to a simmer and cook, stirring, until thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to fondue pot set over a flame and serve with bread for dipping.