Another wonderful appetizer from Latin American Cooking - Delisious!! Almost addictive. (1 hour chill time not in cook time)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- add 3 egg yolks
- add 1/2 cup butter
- add 2 egg whites
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/3 cup milk
- add 1 1/2 cups flour
- add 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- add 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine the flour with the salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the butter and cut into the flour with a pastry blender or 2 knives.
- Beat the egg yolks lightly and combine with the milk.
- Stir into the flour to form a soft dough.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill for 1 hour.
- Beat the egg whites and fold in the grated cheese and chili powder.
- Roll out the dough as thinly as possible on a floured board.
- Cut the dough into 48 circles with a glass.
- Place 1/3 tablespoon of the cheese mixture on half of the circles and cover with the remaining circles.
- Moisten the edges with a little water and press together.
- Arrange the pastries on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 375f degree oven for 15 minutes.