I'm always on the lookout for new Mexican recipes. This one looks really good.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- add 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- add vegetable oil
- add 12 flour tortillas
- add 2 large onions
- add guacamole (optional)
- add 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- add 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- add chopped tomatoes
- add shredded lettuce
- add sour cream (optional)
- In a skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in garlic salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas; brush one side with oil. Spoon 1/4 cup of beef mixture off center on oiled side of tortillas. Top with 1 tablespoon each of salsa, cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. Fold up edge nearest filling; fold in both sides and roll up. Secure with toothpicks; place in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Brush with oil.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450* for 10 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, place chimichangas on a bed of lettuce and tomato. Top with remaining salsa and sour cream and guacamole if desired.