Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Filed Under: chef secrets by chef montaser masoud
Recipe by chef montaser masoud "I modified Beatrice's Excellent Oatmeal cookies very slightly. I came up with something that my boyfriend went CRAZY over! I've never seen him enjoy cookies to that extent! He said I blew his mother's recipe away."
- add Ingredients Edit and Save
- add Original recipe makes 3 1/2 dozenChange Servings
- add 1 cup butter, softened
- add 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- add 1/2 cup white sugar
- add 2 eggs
- add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- add 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- add 1 cup chopped walnuts
- add 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.