I copied this one out of a friend's book so many moons ago that I can't remember where it's from, but it's so decadently fattening that I can't resist pigging out now and then. I usually serve with rice, but I suppose it would go with noodles or new potatoes just as well.
- add 1 stalk celery
- add black pepper
- add 2 ounces button mushrooms
- add 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- add 1 cup canned pimiento
- add parsley
- add 2 ounces butter
- add salt
- add 2 egg yolks
- add 1/4 cup green peppers
- add 3 tablespoons flour
- add 12 ounces chickens, cooked (in fairly large cubes)
- add 2 tablespoons double cream
- add 450 ml milk
- Melt 1 1/2 ozs butter, add the flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Gradually add milk and cook, stirring, until thick and smooth.
- Melt theremaining butter and saute sliced celery, button mushrooms and chopped pepperuntil soft but not coloured.
- Add celery, mushrooms, pepper, chicken andpimiento to the sauce and heat through.
- Season to taste.Combine the eggyolks, double cream and Worcestershire sauce. Add to the chicken mixture andheat through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped parsley.