A very popular appetizer in a local Chinese restaurant back home. I adjust the ingredients alittle. It's great serve with sweet and sour sauce.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 slices ham (about 1 ounce each)
- add 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- add 3 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- add 4 egg roll wraps or egg roll wraps
- add 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- add salt and pepper
- add 2 tablespoons milk
- add 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- add 1 egg
- add 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cut breasts in half.
- Pound breast till very thin using a mallet or rolling pin.
- Season with S&P, Italian spice mix and garlic powder the breasts on both side Tightly roll up each ham piece and place in the center of each chicken piece.
- Roll the chicken piece around the ham, tucking in the ends of the chicken about it.
- Combine egg and milk in a shallow dish.
- Coat each chicken piece lightly with flour then dip into the egg-milk mixture.
- Place each piece diagonally into a spring roll wrapper.
- Roll it up securely folding the ends.
- Brush the end corner with egg mixture and a pinch to seal.
- Heat oil in the wok, heat until 375c.
- Fry 3 to 4 rolls at a time in the hot oil until golden and the chicken is completely cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cool slightly.
- and cut into 1-inch slices serve on a bed of shredded lettuce or bock choy.