Quick alternative to a tuna casserole. Great tasting comfort food that makes everyone think you worked really hard. A great way to use up leftovers! I serve this with a crusty bread and green beans! Hope you enjoy it too.
- add 1/2 cup chopped onions
- add 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- add 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 (8 ounce) package noodles
- add 1 clove minced garlic
- add 2 boneless chicken breasts
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- add 6 slices swiss cheese
- add 1 3/4 cups milk
- add 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms or fresh mushrooms (saute with onion) (optional)
- add 1/2 cup frozen peas (optional)
- Melt butter, add olive oil.
- Saute onion and garlic- and mushrooms.
- Add the cooked chicken and ham cubes.
- Add the soup and milk- mixing well.
- Add the salt, pepper, dijon mustard and peas.
- Mix well and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced swiss and melt.
- Once the cheese is melted, add noodles and stir well.
- Serve and enjoy.