Cheese, Chicken, and Mushrooms with Marsala.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- add 1/3 cup butter
- add 1/4 cup green onions
- add 1/2 cup flour
- add 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 cup chicken broth
- add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- add 3/4 cup marsala
- add 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook mushrooms in 2 tbsp butter in a largeskillet, stirring constantly, justuntil tender.
- Remove from heat; set aside.Cut each chicken breast half inhalf lengthwise.Place each piece of chickenbetween two sheets of wax paper; flatten to1/8" thickness, using a meatmallet or rolling pin.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour.
- Place 5 or 6pieces of chicken in 1 to 2tbsp butter in alarge skillet; cook over mediumheat 3 to 4 minutes on eachside or untilgolden.
- Place chicken in a lightlygreased 13x9" baking dish,overlappingedges.
- Repeat procedure withremaining chicken and butter.
- Reserve pandrippings in skillet.Sprinklereserved mushrooms over chicken.
- Add wine andbroth to skillet.Bring to a boil;reduce heat, and simmer,uncovered, 10minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Poursauce overchicken.
- Combine cheeses and greenonions; sprinkle over chicken.
- Bakeuncovered at 450 for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Broil 5 1/2" away from heat 1 to2minutes or until browned.