Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
"Balsamic chicken cacciatore is fast and delicious, and needs no tomatoes to stand on its own. It's a marvelous dish to serve to company."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add 1 large onion, sliced
- add 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- add 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- add 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- add 1/2 cup baby carrots, sliced
- add 1 tablespoon red wine
- add 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- add 1 cup red wine
- add 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 3 slices bacon, chopped
- add 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Saute chicken in bacon grease, with salt and pepper, until browned. Discard bacon and set chicken aside.
- To the pan add butter and melt; saute onion, garlic and mushrooms until onions are transparent. Stir in 1 cup wine, brown sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring, until hot and bubbly; add chicken and carrots.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 30 minutes, until chicken is well cooked and carrots are tender crisp.
- Blend together 1 tablespoon wine and cornstarch. Stir into chicken and mix well to thicken.