Servs: 6 Prep:
"'Not only is this satisfying main dish easy to fix, it tastes fantastic,' assures Susan Adair from Muncie, Indiana. And it has plenty of nicely spiced sauce."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- add 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- add Hot cooked rice
- add 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips
- In a skillet, cook the chicken, onion and green pepper in oil until chicken is lightly browned and vegetables are tender. Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice.