This was the first recipe that I tried as a novice cook and there were no leftovers. The results speak for themselves.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 cup dry white wine
- add salt
- add 14 ounces canned plum tomatoes with juice
- add fresh ground black pepper
- add 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6-8 oz apeice)
- add 1/3 teaspoon dried oregano
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- add 8 ounces canned sliced mushrooms
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Add chicken and mushrooms.
- cook over medium-low heat until no longer pink, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add garlic and salt and pepper to taste and stir until blended.
- Transfer the chicken, mushrooms, and juices to a side dish.
- Add wine to skillet.
- Increase heat and bring the wine to a boil.
- Immediately add the tomatoes and heat to boiling, breaking the tomatoes with the side of a wooden spatula.
- This can also be served over rice.
- Return the chicken, mushrooms and juices to the skillet.
- Add dried oregano and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through (about 8 minutes).
- When done transfer chicken to serving plate.
- Bring the tomato sauce to a boil stirring occaionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
- Can also be served over rice.