This recipe is from a local restaurant. It's their most requested dish.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or asiago cheese
- add 10 mushrooms
- add 2 carrots
- add 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- add 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 2 cups chicken stock
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- add 1 bay leaf
- add 1 (28 ounce) can imported whole tomatoes
- add 2 medium onions
- add 1 cup chopped bottled roasted red peppers
- add salt and pepper
- add 2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 3 stalks celery
- add 1 lb farfalle pasta, cooked until tender,and drained (bowtie)
- add 1 3/4 cups port wine
- Set the oven at 400 degrees.
- In a large ovenproof dish, arrange the thighs in one layer, skinned side down.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil.
- Cook the garlic, carrots, onions, celery, mushrooms and roasted peppers over medium heat, stirring often, for 20 minutes.
- Add the stock, port, balsamic vinegar, crushed tomatoes, and bay leaf.
- Pour this over the chicken thighs, cover with foil, and return the dish to the oven.
- Cook the cacciatore for 1 1/2 hours.
- Toss the pasta and cacciatore and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with cheese and basil.