My grandmother's recipe. I only changed the type of chicken. I prefer using tasty meat that doesn't need the bone/skin so much for flavor. My grandmother used a whole small chicken, but picking the bones out of this dish was a huge pain in the neck. I also use yellow and orange peppers for color, but she liked red.
- add 1 lb pasta or spaghetti or ziti pasta
- add salt and pepper
- add olive oil
- add 2 bell peppers, seeds removed and sliced (color of your choice)
- add 2 lbs chicken thighs
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 34 ounces crushed tomatoes
- add 1 onion
- add 1 (10 ounce) package fresh mushrooms
- Heat oil in saute pan.
- Add onion and garlic, cook until tender.
- Add chicken and brown.
- Add can of tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for one to two hours.
- Serve over cooked pasta.