This is one of the best chicken cacciatore recipes I've ever tried. Goes great with garlic bread, rigatoni pasta and a nice red full bodied wine. Enjoy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup olive oil
- add 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- add 1/2 cup sugar
- add 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- add 1/4 cup capers
- add 1 (28 ounce) can pasta sauce (your favorite)
- add 1 cup celery (chopped)
- add 1 whole chicken (cut up,rinced and patted dry)
- add 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- add 1/2 lb green olives
- add salt & pepper
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 1/2 cup vinegar
- add 1 large onion (chopped)
- add 1 green pepper (chopped)
- In a medium size pot, brown the chicken in the olive oil until browned on all sides.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the capers and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add the capers and cook slowly for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve over prepared pasta.