There are a lot of chicken casseroles out there but this is the best I've ever had. My kids love it too. Freezes well (let thaw and then bake) and works well for a covered dish meal. I like to serve it with cranberry sauce on the side. And as a reviewer suggested, I have heard of people adding chilies to this recipe.
- add 1 lb diced cooked chicken
- add 1/2 cup chicken broth
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- add 2 1/2 cups herb stuffing mix
- add 8 ounces sour cream or plain yogurt
- Combine butter and stuffing.
- Line 2 quart casserole dish with half of it.
- Sprinkle chicken over stuffing.
- Combine sour cream, soup and broth.
- Pour over chicken and top with remaining stuffing.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Tip: I prefer broiled and diced chicken breast.