Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
Here is another healthy dish that i love to make for my family...Now i can share withmy extended family & friends....is woderful for any season..yummmy!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 large half chicken breast( cut each into 6 chunks)
- add 3 med potato (washed peeled & cut into 6 chunks)
- add 5 stalk of celery with end greens .washed & cut into 1 1/2 inches chunks.
- add 2/3 cup dry yellow split chick pea( rinse & soak over night)
- add 1 16 oz can stewed tomato with basil & green pepper.
- add 1 large onion peeled & diced .
- add 1 teaspoon crushed zaffron
- add 1 dried omani lemmon ( you buy from any asian store)
- add 6 large garlic clove peeled diced
- add 2 teas turmeric
- add 2 teas paprika
- add pinch of cinnamon
- add extra virgin olive oil for saute & rice
- add lemon peper seasoning as needed to your taste
- add water as needed
- add 3 cup of Basmati rice( in a large bowl wash & let soak over night)
- add 2 tbl spoons pesto
- In a heated large nonstick pot brown chicken with dash of lemon peper for 5 min..add the diced onion, Garlic .cook for 5 more min.add zaffron ,turmeic,paprika , cinnamon & crushed dried omani lemon .stirr & add split chick pea , celery & stewed tomato ,1 cup water to the pot. cover the pot , cook for 15 min over med heat......let stew simmer for another 15 miin. you would be able to tell by the roma of the stew that is done ..turn the stove off & let it sit coverd over the stove..
- serve with pita or french bread.Or.
- server with basmati rice
- to cook a fluffy rice follw the direction ..by boiling water add salt to to taset to boiling water , add the rice... cook for 3 min. drain the water through calander.. use a non stik pot to steam the rice