From the Femina but adapted. Served with a coriander salsa. Healthy tasty, different.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add salt
- add 2 cups ground chicken (250 g)
- add 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- add salt and pepper
- add 4 cloves garlic
- add 3/4 cup hot water
- add 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- add 1 fresh red chili, chopped (5 g)
- add 3-5 drops sesame oil
- add 1 onion, chopped (50 g)
- add 2 ripe tomatoes (80 g)
- add 2 cups flour (250 g)
- add 1 tablespoon oil
- add 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions (30 g)
- add salt
- add 2 teaspoons lime juice
- add 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- Make a stiff dough with the salt and very hot water and keep aside to rest for an hour.
- Saute the onions in a little oil and add the rest of the filling ingredients.
- Saute till the chicken is pinkish brown.
- To prepare the coriander salsa: Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water, then peel and deseed.
- Chop finely and mix with the chopped red chilli, garlic, cumin powder and coriander leaves.
- Add lime juice and salt to taste.
- To assemble: Divide the dough into 24 parts, and roll each portion into thin circles.
- Place the chicken filling in the centre and shape the dimsum using your hands.
- Bring all the sides together and shape it like a pouch.
- This is how I do it.
- I also shape them into squares and seal from the sides.
- YOu can use your own methods or even use ready wonton skins for this recipe.
- Steam for 10 to 15 minutes and serve hot with the coriander salsa.