This is a very easy recipe for a chicken dish that will suit people who like their chicken spicy, but not TOO hot. Served on a bed of rice, it is colorful and elegant enough for company.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 clove garlic
- add 1 teaspoon chili powder
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 3-5 drops hot pepper sauce
- add 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 lbs)
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- add 1 dash pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- add 1/4 cup flour
- add 2 tablespoons vinegar
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- add 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Mix together the flour, salt and pepper.
- Dust the drumsticks with the seasoned flour.
- Melt the butter in a skillet with a lid.
- Brown the chicken over medium heat on all sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and drain on absorbent paper.
- In the same pan, combine the tomatoes thru hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and return the chicken to the pan.
- Cover and simmer about 45 minutes.
- Serve with pan juice.
- Good over white or brown rice.