I wanted to make up a batch of something to have something to warm up when I didn't have time to fuss, put some in the freezer and yet have something healthy. Aha I thought, I have some cooked chicken and some egg Roll wraps so I came up with this recipe.. You can serve them plain, with some Szehuan sauce or even salsa - it's up to you. I loved them plain. They will make agreat appetizers too. Hope you enjoy them! I said optional to the chillies and Hot sauce but for me the recipe would be bland without so use as much or as little as you like. Substitute the chicken with seafood roast or whatever leftovers you have.
- add 1/2 cup carrots
- add 24 egg roll wraps
- add 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms
- add 1/2 cup onions
- add 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- add 2 chilies, chopped (optional, but I say use them)
- add 2 cups cooked chicken
- add salt & pepper
- add 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- add 1-2 tablespoon hot sauce (I used Denzil's Kamakazi) (optional)
- add 1/2 cup leeks
- Mix all the ingredients except egg roll wraps together.
- Put 2 to 2 1/2 tbsp of filling in each wrap, fold in the sides and then flip up the top and bottom or do your conventional egg roll fold.
- Line a 9x13 oven proof pan with release Foil or lightly spray with oil and place the rolls side by side, single layer.
- I managed to get 20 into the dish and then foil wrapped the remaining 4 and put them in the freezer uncooked.
- Mist the tops of the eggrols with oil- I like to use Lite Olive oil Bake in 350F oven for 20 minutes or until they are golden on top, flip the rolls to brown the bottoms mist the bottoms as well with oil& continue baking for a further 20 minutes apprx.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.