Servs: 6 Makes: 6 to 8 servings Prep: Cook:
This is another recipe handed down from my grandmother as an inexpensive meal she used to feed my mother and her 5 other siblings.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 lbs Chicken (skin on / bone in)
- add 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup
- add 1 can of Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
- add 1 4oz can of chopped Green Chillies
- add 1 cup Chicken Broth
- add 4 cups crushed Corn Chips (approx 1-9 to 10 oz bag of Frito's works)
- add 4 tsp Minced Onion
- add 1 tsp Chili Powder
- add 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- add 1/4 tsp Pepper
- add 1/4 tsp Tabasco Sauce OR use your favorite Hot Sauce and flavor to taste
- add 8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Over medium heat, boil chicken for 1 hour in large saucepan having it covered with lid just barely off to allow steam to escape.
- After cooking, remove from heat and remove chicken. Save 1 cup of broth.
- Remove skin and bone form chicken peices, and chop chicken into small pieces.
- In mixing bowl, mix soups, chilies, spices, Tabasco Sauce, and broth.
- Crush corn chips into little pieces. approx 1/4 inch.
- In a 9 inch x 13 inch casserole dish, cover bottom of dish with half of the corn chips. Spread half of the chicken over this. Then half of the soup mixture. Last half the cheese. Repeat using the remainder of the ingredients.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted.