This is a great recipe after Thanksgiving when you have an abundance of leftover chicken or turkey!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 medium onion
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1 1/2 cups salsa
- add 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- add 1 green pepper
- add 8 large flour tortillas or 10 small flour tortillas
- add 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- add 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- add 1 teaspoon chili powder
- add 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken (or turkey)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry onion, and green pepper in margarine over medium heat for approx.
- 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, 1/4 cup salsa, cream cheese and spices.
- Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Spoon approx.
- 1/3 cup of mixture into centre of each tortilla and roll up.
- Place, seam side down in 12 x 8 baking dish.
- Top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.