A fun-meal. From Company's Coming Chicken cookbook. Can be made without peppers as well.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- add 1 cup grated medium cheddar or sharp cheddar cheese
- add 1 dash pepper
- add 1 dash salt
- add 1 Spanish onion
- add 1 green pepper
- add salsa
- add 1 red pepper
- add 8-10 flour tortillas (7 inch)
- add guacamole
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- add 1 tablespoon oil
- add sour cream
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add chicken.
- Stir-fry until cooked.
- Turn into bowl.
- To same frying pan, add onion, green and red peppers and more oil if needed.
- Saute until browned.
- Spread on warm platter.
- Return chicken to pan to heat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Heat quickly.
- Place over onion mixture.
- To prepare for eating, lay 1 tortilla on plate.
- Place some onion/pepper mixture down centre, then a few chicken strips on top.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, or salsa or guacamole.
- Fold up and hold one end while you bite from the other end.