Servs: 6 Prep: Cook:
I had this family for over 10 years, It's really delcious..
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 5 slice bacons, cut into pieces
- add 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- add 1/2 tsp salt
- add 1/8 tsp black pepper
- add dash garlic salt
- add 3 1/2 pounds cut-up frying chicken , skin removed
- add 1/2 c. fresh baby carrots
- add 1 c. frozen small whole onions, thawed
- add 1 (4.5-oz) jar whole mushrooms, drained
- add 2 Tsp fresh garlic chopped
- add 3/4 c. red wine
- add 1/2 c. chicken broth
- add 2tsp dried parsley
- add 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- add 1/2 tsp dried maroram leaves
- add 2 tsp flour
- add 3 tsp fresh parsley- chopped
- cook bacon in large nonstick pan- skillet for over medium heat, until crsip. remove bacon from skillet, drain on paper towel and cover with paper towel on top, set aside.
- save 2 tsp bacon drippings, in shaloow dish or pie pan, combine 1/4 c.flour, salt and pepper; mix well. coat chicken pieices generously with flour mixture. add chicken to skillet; cook for 7 minutes, or until deep golden brown on all sides. place chicken in to slow cooker.
- In same skillet, combine carrots, onions, mushroom and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes. add to chicken in slow cooker. add wine, broth, dried parsley, thyme, marjoriam to same skillet; cook and stir until hot,scraping from bottom to top,pour over chicken and vegetables in slow cooker.
- cover; cook on low setting for 8 hours
- about 15 minutes before serving, with slotted spoon removed chicken and vegetables from slow cooker; place on serving platter to keep warm.
- In a small bowl,blend water and 2 tsp flour until smooth. stir into liquid in slow cooker. increase on high setting;cover and cook for 10 minutes, until thickend. sprinkle chicken with bacon and chopped parsley. serve chicken with wince sauce..
- its good to serve with home made bread and salad...