An excellent appetizer served with toast point or crackers and a glass of Boeujolais Wine.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- add 6 cups water
- add 10 black peppercorns
- add 1 cup finely chopped celery
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- add 3 garlic cloves
- add 1/4 cup whipping cream
- add 1 lb chicken livers
- add 1 tablespoon cognac
- add 2 large bay leaves
- add 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- add 2 teaspoons salt
- add 5 teaspoons water-packed green peppercorns (divided)
- add 1/2 cup minced onions
- In a large saucepan or cooking pot, add water and bring to boil.
- Add black peppercorns, celery, and bay leaves.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken livers and cook gently for another 10 minutes.
- Drain, remove livers and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter, add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer onion/garlic to a food processor.
- Add chicken, cognac, salt, thyme, allspice and four teaspoons of green peppercorns.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour in whipping cream, process until incorporated and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon of green peppercorns.
- Mold into small ramekins and refrigerate.
- Unmold before serving.
- Serve with toast points or crackers of your choice.