If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 8 ounces bacon, sliced, for lining mold (optional)
- add 2 ounces onions
- add 4 lbs chicken livers
- add 1 teaspoon fine salt
- add 8 ounces unsalted butter
- add 8 ounces heavy cream
- add 1 teaspoon white pepper
- add 3 ounces brandy
- Using a large skillet, sweat the livers in 4 oz of the butter.
- After 3 minutes,add the onion, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until the livers are just off-pink.
- Setaside and hold warm.
- Line a 2 l/2quart mold with a single layer of the baconslices.
- Chill the mold.
- Puree the liver and onion mixture in a food processor.
- Gently warm the remaining butter.
- Add to the livers with the brandy and cream.
- Mix again to assure uniformity Pour into the well-chilled mold.
- Place the moldin a water bath that reaches to I in.
- (2.5 cm) from the top of the mold.
- Bake45-60 minutes at 3250F (1630C) until the pate sets.
- Shake the pan gently toobserve the texture. A metal cake tester should come out clean.
- The time willvary depending on the thickness of the mold.
- Record the time for futurereference. Remove from the oven and water bath.
- Cover and chill for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Unmold, plate, and garnish for presentation.