If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 French-bread baguette, sliced, toasted
- add 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- add 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- add 1 1/4 teaspoons salt 1 cup dry red wine
- add 1 pound chicken livers, trimmed
- add 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- add 1 tablespoon Cognac
- add Fresh chives (for garnish)
- add 3/4 cup dried black Mission figs 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- add Red leaf lettuce (for garnish)
- add Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Spray 3-cup soufflé dish or terrine with vegetable oil spray. Line dish with plastic wrap; spray plastic. Combine chicken livers, broth and onion in medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer until livers are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Drain cooking liquid; transfer chicken livers and onion to processor. Add butter, Cognac and salt to processor. Puree until smooth. Transfer to prepared dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Bring wine to simmer in small saucepan. Remove from heat. Add figs. Let stand until figs soften, about 15 minutes. Drain wine. Quarter figs. (Pâté and figs can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep pâté refrigerated. Transfer figs to small bowl; cover and refrigerate.)
- Unmold pâté onto platter. Press walnuts onto sides of pâté. Garnish top with chives and some figs. Arrange lettuce on platter with pâté. Place remaining figs atop lettuce. Serve with toasts.