I don't usually like liver, but this is an excellent pate. You can sub turkey liver for some of the chicken livers if you like. Source: Epicurious
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- add 1/3 cup chicken broth
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- add 1/2 lb chicken livers
- add 1 small onion
- add 3 tablespoons well-chilled heavy cream
- add 1/2 teaspoon cognac
- add crackers or toast
- Thinly slice onion.
- In a small saucepan combine onion, chicken livers, broth, and allspice and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, or until chicken livers are cooked through.
- Drain liver mixture in a sieve and in a food processor or food mill purée with butter, Cognac, and salt until smooth.
- To facilitate cooling, transfer pâté to a plate and spread.
- Chill pâté in freezer, its surface covered with plastic wrap, 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk cream until it holds stiff peaks and fold in pâté.
- Transfer pâté to a ramekin and chill in freezer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Serve pâté with crackers or toasts.