This is something I found in "MealLeaniYumm!" by Norene Gilletz . It's perfect for brownbagging to work or school.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3/4 teaspoon salt
- add 2 medium onions
- add 1/3 cup potato starch or 1/2 cup matzo meal
- add 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- add 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- add 2 carrots
- add 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- add 2 eggs
- Drop garlic through feed tube of processor while machine is running.
- Process until minced.
- Cut onions, carrots and chicken in chunks.
- Process in batches in processor until finely minced, about 30 seconds.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into 12 sprayed or greased muffin cups.
- Smooth the top of each muffin with a spatula.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes until golden.
- These reheat and/or freeze well.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Serve with salsa[bottled or homemade].
- Fat Saving Secrets: Substitute 2 pounds lean ground chicken.
- However; if you grind the chicken yourself, you can control and fat content to ensure that no fatty skin is added.
- Turkey can be used instead of chicken to reduce the fat content even more.
- Mini Chicken Muffins: Bake mixture in greased miniature muffin tins for 15 to 18 minutes.
- They're perfect as hors d'oeuvres, or to put in the kids lunch boxes.