I made this using a leftover chicken breast from the night before and other bits & pieces in the fridge :)
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 chicken breast (cooked & chopped)
- add 125 g cream cheese (I used light)
- add salt & freshly ground black pepper
- add 1 onion (chopped)
- add 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
- add 1/2 green pepper (chopped)
- add 1 sheet puff pastry (pre rolled)
- Saute the onion and peppers in a little butter or oil until soft.
- Add to a bowl with the chicken and cream cheese.
- Gently stir to mix altogether.
- Lay sheet of pastry on board and fold over one long side to the middle.
- With a sharp knife make cuts at 1/2" intervals from folded edge towards centre but not right to edge at the centre, down the length of pastry sheet.
- Spread chicken mixture down other half, then carefully lift the cut pastry side out and over to enclose the filling.
- Seal and brush over with milk or beaten egg to glaze.
- Bake at 180'C for about 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Goes well with either a salad or cooked vegetables.