To save time bake the puff pastry shapes in advance, the filling is better if prepared and chilled for about 5 hours or overnight is even better! To make things even easier, use the frozen puff pastry prepared shells in place of the sheets. Yield is only estimated. These are delicious!
- add 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- add 1/2 cup large pimento stuffed olives
- add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- add 1 stalk celery
- add black pepper
- add seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- add 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed according to package directions, can use two sheets)
- add 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- add 2 cups cooked chicken
- add 4 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry sheets into assorted desired small shapes using a small cookie cutter or biscuit cutters.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until puffed; cool.
- In a bowl combine the chicken, celery, relish, mayo, seasoned salt, pepper and garlic powder; mix well to combine; cover and chill for a minumum of 5 hours or overnight.
- Cut 1/3 of the top of the baked puffs; pull out the soft dough from inside.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the puff pastry shells, then place a slice or two of olives on top of the chicken mixture, then replace the pastry tops.
- *note* if you are serving this to company, place the sliced olive on top of the pastry top then insert a long toothpick down the middle to hold everything together.