If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add Flour for dusting
- add 1 beaten egg with 1 tsp water, whisked together.
- add 1 pkg Pepperidge farm puff pasty sheets thawed according to the manufacterer's directions
- add 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- add 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- add 1/2 tsp freshly minced ginger
- add 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- add 3/4 onion powder
- add 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- add 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- add 3/4 tsp dry thyme leaves
- add 1 tsp dried ground sage
- add 1 lb ground chicken
- Heat Oven to 400 degrees F.In a bowl mix together the chicken, sage, thyme, onion powder , nutmeg, cayenne pepper, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper, until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.Roughly divide the mixture into four equal portions.On a lightly floured surface, unroll one puff pastry sheet and return the other one to the refrigerator to use later. Roll out the sheet to form a square about 12 inches each side. With a sharp knife, cut the pastry down the middle forming two rectangles. Lay one aside and turn the other one to face you lengthwise.Using your hands, take one of the quarter portions of chicken mixture and spread it evenly along the bottom third of the pastry, leaving about 1/2 an inch space from the bottom.Brush the egg mixture along the top and bottom of the pastry sheet. Rinse your hands and working from the bottom up, roll up the pastry with the chicken, until you form a long roll, sealing the seam on the bottom (work lightly, or the pastry will flatten).Using a serrated knife, cut the roll into about 2 inch pieces. Brush egg mixture lightly on each piece. With a pair of kitchen shears, snip a 'V' on top of each pastry to allow steam to escape.Continue with the rest of the pastry and chicken in the same way and bake the puffs for about 18 minutes, or until a nice golden brown.Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Should be eaten hot.Makes about 2 dozen puffs.Excellent appetizers for the holidays.